When it comes to soaps, is there really a difference in performance? We did some scrubbing and without a doubt, the traditional bar soap is still a favorite. However, not all soaps are created equal. Some clean and lock in moisture while others leave you feeling too squeaky clean with tight, itchy, dry skin, and they remove essential lipids and proteins found on the skin surface that help maintain your moisture barrier.
Many popular soaps like antibacterial soaps, body washes, and gel cleansers also contain toxic ingredients. Not only can they dry out your skin, but they are also harmful to your health. These chemicals can easily be masked so we’ve compiled a list of what to avoid.
What to Avoid:
- Synthetic Fragrance/Fragrance Additives (Methanol, Oxybenzone, Acetaldehyde, Butoxyethanol, Chloromethane, Benzophenone)
- Preservatives (Parabens, Benzylate)
- Ethanolamine Compounds (Triethanolamine, Diethanolamine, DEA, TEA, MEA)
- Formaldehyde (Formalin, Formic Aldehyde, Merthaldehyde, Methanal, Methyl Aldehyde, Oxomethan, Oxymethylen)
- Surfactants (Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium lauryl sulfate SLS/Sodium laureth sulfate SLES)
- Ethoxylated Ingredients (Ethylene oxide, Polysorbates, PEGs)
- Artificial colors (Blue 1, Red 33, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide)
At SoulSpring, we believe that the ingredients we leave out of our soaps are just as important as the ingredients we put into our soaps. Our hand-poured Hemp CBD Body Bars are crafted with a blend of nourishing Hemp CBD, kosher vegetable glycerin, and pure essential oils which are natural emollients. Glycerin is a humectant that draws moisture into the skin and counteracts the drying effect of the soap. Emollients are important in body care products because they serve as a protective barrier to lock in moisture.
We are so proud of our team for raising the bar with our body bars! Moisturized skin? Check. No harmful ingredients? Check. 3rd party lab tested for potency and purity? Check! Now it’s time for you to try--pick from our four scent stories.
Find balance and breathe with Sage, Palo Santo, Guaiacwood & Cedarwood.
Replenish and renew to restore our power with Eucalyptus, Rosemary & Mint.